Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 3 Hansard (28 May) . . Page.. 793 ..
Question No. 8
MR WOOD - asked the Chief Minister upon notice on 21 May 1998:
1) Are funds allocated over the next three years for acquisition of works of art for the Canberra Museum and Gallery, and if so, what amounts are proposed?
MS CARNELL - The answer to the member's question is as follows:
1) The Canberra Museum and Gallery is managed by the Cultural Facilities Corporation (CFC) and is a separate entity to Government.
2) In 1995, the interim Board of Management of the Canberra Cultural Centre, which is now named the Canberra Museum and Gallery, first endorsed a collection policy.
3) The Cultural Facilities Corporation was established on 1 November 1997 and its 1997/98 acquisition budget, for integrated social history and visual arts collection is $50,000. Expenditure to date on visual arts material is $41,000.
4) The CFC has an ongoing commitment to acquisition.
5) The CFC is currently reviewing its acquisition policy with a view to determining acquisition priorities and a budget for forward years.