Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 3 Hansard (28 May) . . Page.. 789 ..
CHIEF MINISTER FOR THE AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
Question No. 6
MR CORBELL - Asked the Chief Minister upon notice on19 May 1998:
In relation to the Australian International Hotel School -
(1) What is the current status of the position of financial manager at the School.
(2) For the 1998 graduation ceremony, (a) what cost did the school incur and (b) how many students graduated at this ceremony.
(3) For the 1997-98 financial year (a) what were the costs incurred by the school relating to travel by management at the school and (b) what were the details of this travel in each case.
MS CARNELL - The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) Following a review of the administration structure of the School the AIHS Board agreed to implement a restructure of the Finance and Administration area on 27 May 1997. The restructure provided for a gradual reduction in the number of positions and required the area to assume a clearer Business support role. The operations of the old Finance and Administration group are now being absorbed into a Business Services Division with a more focussed Accounting section headed by a position of Accountant.
The position of Accountant is now filled and a five year contract is being finalised.
(2) Seven students graduated at the end of the first term in 1998. A graduation celebration Dinner was held on 15 May. As at 31 May 1998 the net cost of the celebrations was $1,220.25.
(3) Direct travel costs incurred by the Director (Dean), General Manager Administration, Assistant Dean Planning and Development and Assistant Dean Academic Affairs up until 31 May 1998 were:
- Fares Domestic $10,621.06
- Fares International $7,666.26
- Accommodation and related travel expences $6,381.90
Details in relation the various trips are included in the following table.