Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1998 Week 1 Hansard (30 April) . . Page.. 267 ..
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
QUESTION NO 2
Mr Berry - to ask the Chief Minister - In relation to the Chief Minister's accident, which resulted in another new car, in the last week of January:
(1) When and where did the accident happen.
(2) Did you or any other person require medical treatment.
(3) Did you undergo a breathalyser test.
(4) How much damage was done to each car.
(5) Were you charged, and if so what were the charges.
(6) Were you issued with an on the spot fine, and if yes what was the basis for the fine.
Mrs Carnell - the answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) The accident occurred at approximately 8.20am, 29 January 1998 on Commonwealth Avenue, Parkes.
(3 ) No.
(4) Minor damage was sustained to the rear of my vehicle.
The accident did not result in `another new car' as stated by the Member. The vehicle was on temporary hire at the time until my permanent vehicle became available. It has since been repaired.