Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1996 Week 8 Hansard (27 June) . . Page.. 2447 ..
ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS
MINISTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT, LAND AND PLANNING
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NUMBER 244
Block 3 Section 52 City - Development
Mr Moore asked the Minister for the Environment, Land and Planning in relation to the release and development of Block 3 Section 52 City:
(1) Why has there been a delay of more than a year between the lease being awarded to Hindmarsh Group and the Preliminary Assessment.
(2) Has the successful bidder at any time sought to have the uses of this lease changed.
(3) Has there been any variation to the terms of the lease since Expressions of Interest were called.
Mr Humphries - The answer to the Member's question is as follows:
(1) The decision to award the lease to the Hindmarsh Group was made on 8 August 1995. A Preliminary Assessment must be completed by the developer before a lease can be issued.
In order to prepare the Preliminary Assessment it has been necessary for the developer to refine his original submission to a level of detail to enable informed public comment to be made on the impacts of the proposal. This has been done in consultation with the relevant government agencies. The developer has advised that the Preliminary Assessment will be submitted for evaluation by the Minister for the Environment or his delegate in July 1996.
(3) No. However, the developer, for urban design reasons, intends to include in the Preliminary Assessment for public comment, a proposed amendment to the southern boundary of the lease involving the adjacent Block 4. There has been, to date, no application submitted to have the terms of the proposed lease varied.