Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1996 Week 5 (Hansard) 16 May) . . Page.. 1441 ..
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NUMBER 212
Children with Disabilities - Dependants of ACT Public Servants
MS McRAE - asked the Minister for Education and Training on notice on 16 April 1996:
(2) Which three services provide priority of access to ACT employees.
(3) Has any evaluation of the service yet taken place.
(4) What plans are in place for children who are in care when the program finishes in June 1997.
MR STEFANIAK - the answer to Ms McRae's question is:
The ACT Employer Child Care Support Initiative was funded as a three year pilot program beginning in June 1994.
(1) The Government has made funding contributions to three community-based services to secure priority of access for approximately ten adolescents requiring work-related after school and vacation care.
Funding contributions have also been made to five Regional Community Associations to supplement existing Commonwealth support. These Community Associations use the funding contributions to assist Outside School Hours Care Programs to integrate approximately twenty school age children with disabilities requiring work-related child care .
(2) The three services providing priority of access to ACT Government employees requiring work-related outside school hours care for adolescents with disabilities are - Belconnen Youth Centre, Woden Community Centre and Erindale Leisure Centre.
(3) All services receiving funding contributions from the ACT Government Employer Supported Child Care Program are required to provide regular reports to assist with ongoing monitoring of the individual programs. To date there has not been an overall evaluation of the Program, however this will be done prior to its completion in June 1997.
(4) The evaluation of the Employer Supported Child Care Program will include recommendations which will consider the needs of children who are currently in the program.