Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1996 Week 5 (Hansard) 16 May) . . Page.. 1438 ..
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NUMBER 210
Special Education Services - Review
(2) What are the terms of reference.
(3) Are out of school hours programs included.
MR STEFANIAK - the answer to Ms McRae's question is:
(1) The review is being carried out by Dr Robert Andrews, a private consultant from Robert J Andrews and Associates in Queensland. The review is being conducted under the direction of a steering committee and informed by a reference group (see attached).
(2) The terms of reference for the review are:
(a) To undertake an evaluation of the effectiveness of special education programs for students with disabilities in ACT government schools within the context of a cohesive service provision based on inclusive school practices;
(b) To provide advice on the options for changing the resourcing model of allocation for special education programs for students with disabilities to a needs based model within current budgetary constraints;
(c) To make recommendations for the future directions for improved service delivery for a cohesive service based on inclusive school practices.
(3) The Summer School Program for Students with Disabilities which is the out of school hours program for school students with disabilities run by my department will be considered within the context of the Review.