Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 1995 Week 10 Hansard (7 December) . . Page.. 2831 ..
MINISTER FOR SPORT AND RECREATION
LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY QUESTION
QUESTION NUMBER 95
Education and Training Portfolio - Consultancies
Ms Follett - asked the Minister for Education and Training - In relation to consultancies for each and every Ministerial portfolio held by you -
(1) What are the current consultancies let or proposed to be let within each Department/Agency in your portfolio.
(2) What is the cost of each consultancy.
(3) Why could the work of each consultancy not have been performed by public servants within the Department/Agency or elsewhere in the ACT Government Service.
(4) Is any consultant exercising any delegation in relation to public servants.
Mr Stefaniak - the answer to the Member's question is as follows:
The current consultancies let or proposed to be let within the Sport and Recreation portfolio comprise of:
. Data Base for the Sport and Recreation Development Grant Program
(1) Consultancy to Australian Technology Resources for the development of a data base for the Sport and Recreation Development Grant Program to more effectively monitor the statistics of organisations applying for funding and the program's effectiveness.
(2) Estimated cost is $22,000.
(3) The consultancy required specific skills in the area of computer programming. Resources and expertise in this area of programming were not available in the timeframe necessary.
(4) No delegation is being exercised by the consultant in relation to public servants.