Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 1 December 2022) . . Page.. 4195 ..
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1) Since the start of the Program in 2019-20 to September 2022, the Growing and Renewing Program has constructed 235 dwellings at an average price of $419,506
per dwelling (construction cost only).
2) On average, the breakdown of these costs is as follow:
a. Redeveloping on existing land: $426,772 per dwelling
b. Building on greenfield (including cost of land): $685,494 per dwelling
3) On average, building on greenfield sites, without the cost of land equates to $376,553 per dwelling. For detailed breakdown see table below:
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office.)
Waste—green waste services relocation
(Question No 991)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 2 December 2022:
(1) Can the Minister provide an update on the progress of finding another location for the Parkwood green waste and what progress has been made on a revised development application.
(2) When does the Government intend to lodge a revised development application.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) A feasibility study was undertaken to identify potential future waste sites in North Canberra. The report identified 23 sites for further investigation. Five of these sites were shortlisted for detailed review and from this assessment, Block 1582 on Stockdill Drive, Belconnen, was considered the most appropriate location for a facility of this type.
(2) Additional information in relation to traffic, bushfire, and utility management and also clarification about how the proposal is consistent with the Territory Plan has been prepared. A re-submission of the DA occurred on 9 December 2022. This will be followed by a second public notification period in early 2023.
artsACT—Emerging Arts Organisation Investment funding
(Question No 993)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Arts, upon notice, on 2 December 2022:
(1) Was an unsuccessful applicant told by a representative from ArtsACT that they “didn’t have enough runs on the board” to be considered for the Emerging Arts Organisation Investment Funding.