Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 1 December 2022) . . Page.. 4191 ..
Mean is $306,360 and Median is $65,359*.
*Payroll tax is a self-assessment tax. The above figures are based on the 2021-22 assessments for all companies registered for payroll tax regardless of whether they claimed the tax-free threshold. The above mean and median figures reflect that not all companies chose to claim the tax-free threshold; and if a company operates in multiple jurisdictions, then the allowable tax-free threshold is adjusted to be proportional to the total ACT taxable wages compared to total Australia-wide wages.
Information on the calculation of payroll tax, including the tax-free threshold can be found at https://www.revenue.act.gov.au/payroll-tax?result_1060955_result_page=7
Alexander Maconochie Centre—transitional release centre detainees
(Question No 980)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Corrections, upon notice, on 25 November 2022:
(1) How many detainees have entered the Transitional Release Centre (TRC) since its reopening in April 2022 to present.
(2) Of those detainees, how many were (a) men and (b) women.
(3) How many of these detainees ended their incarceration period (ie, finished their custodial sentence or achieved parole) following their stay at the TRC.
(4) Were any detainees who were staying in the TRC moved back to the main part of the prison for any reason; if so, (a) how many and (b) for what reasons were they sent back to the main part of the prison.
(5) What has been the average length of stay of a detainee in the TRC since April 2022 to present.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) There have been 13 detainees who have entered the Transitional Release Program (TRP) with 11 of these being accommodated in the TRC since it’s reopening in April 2022.
(2) Of these 13 detainees, there were 12 men and one woman in the TRP program. All 11 TRC accommodated detainees were men.
(3) Three male detainees were released to parole following their stay in the TRC. One female detainee was released to parole following participation in the TRP.
(4) Two detainees were exited from the TRC and TRP for attempting to introduce contraband and unauthorised use of the internet, respectively. In addition, one detainee was exited from the TRP for returning a positive urinalysis test.
(5) The average length of stay in the TRC is 101 days.