Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 08 Hansard (Wednesday, 21 September 2022) . . Page.. 2786 ..
illness in the last 10 years. Since 2012, there have been two cases detected of cryptosporidiosis (an illness caused by a waterborne parasite) that were attributed to swimming in lakes in Canberra (in 2016 and 2021). There have been no cases of shigellosis, Shiga-toxin producing E. coli or Legionnaire’s disease attributed to exposure to local waterways.
(5) Monitoring of water quality, microbial communities in the plant root system and nutrient uptake is planned for the floating wetland to inform evaluation of its performance.
(6) As plants grow, they take up nutrients. It is expected that over time as the plants grow on the floating wetland, they will take up nutrients from within the Lake. In addition, the roots of the plants provide structure for a range of other microbial communities to develop, which in turn also take up nutrients. Nutrient uptake will be assessed by examining plant biomass growth and examination of the in-water microbial communities.
(7) There are no plans to harvest vegetation growth across the entirety of the platforms over the life of the trial. Plants harvest will be limited to sampling to evaluate nutrient uptake. If an opportunity and reason to do broader harvesting arises, it will be considered.
(8) Given that the performance of the floating wetland has not been assessed, it is pre-emptive to attempt benchmarking its performance against other asset types or classes.
(9) Given that the performance of the floating wetland has not been assessed, it is pre-emptive to attempt benchmarking its performance against other asset types or classes.
Agriculture—Capital Food and Fibre Strategy
(Question No 889)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for the Environment, upon notice, on 5 August 2022:
What is the estimated time of (a) completion and (b) public release, for the draft Capital Food and Fibre Strategy.
Ms Vassarotti: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(a) It is estimated that the Capital Food and Fibre Strategy will be completed in 2023.
(b) A public release of the draft Capital Food and Fibre Strategy is anticipated in the coming months.
ACT Supreme Court—drug and alcohol sentencing list program
(Question No 890)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Attorney-General, upon notice, on 5 August 2022:
(1) How many individuals were referred to the Drug and Alcohol Sentencing List (DAS) during (a) 2019-20, (b) 2020-21 and (c) 2021 to date.