Page 2715 - Week 08 - Wednesday, 21 September 2022
• Gender transition leave is available to employees to enable them to be absent from duty for the purposes of activities associated with affirming an employee’s gender. Gender transition leave is available to an employee for the first 52 weeks after commencement of living as a member of another gender.
• Grandparental leave is available to employees to enable them to be absent from duty to undertake a primary care giving role to their grandchild during normal business hours.
• Leave for family violence purposes is available to employees who are experiencing family violence to allow them to be absent from the workplace-related to attend counselling, appointments, legal proceedings and other activities related to, and as a consequence of, family violence.
• Long service leave is available to employees to enable them to be absent from duty in recognition of their length of service in the public sector.
• Parental leave is available to an employee or an eligible casual employee who is the primary care giver of a child following the birth or adoption of a child or the commencement of a permanent caring arrangement for a child.
• Personal leave is available to employees to enable them to be absent from duty in case of a personal illness, or personal injury, or the employee must provide care or support to a member of the employee’s immediate family.
• Primary care giver leave is available to employees to enable them to be absent from duty to care for and bond with a newborn child.
• Recovery Leave Arrangements for Senior Officer Grade A and B and Equivalent Employees in recognition of extensive hours performed.
• Special birth leave is available to employees that are not fit for work due to a pregnancy-related illness or in cases where the pregnancy of the employee ends between 28 weeks and 20 weeks of the estimated date of delivery, other than by the birth of a living child.
• Study Assistance Scheme Studies assistance may be provided for work-related courses that lead or contribute to a nationally recognised tertiary or vocational qualification, skillset, Statement of Attainment or Certificate.
• Surrogacy leave is available to pregnant employees who have entered into a valid surrogacy arrangement to enable them to be absent from duty to support their own wellbeing.
• Other leave (available to all staff)
A broad category of leave types known as “other leave” is provided to staff under the various enterprise agreements. These leave types include:
• Leave to accompany a domestic partner on a posting is available to enable an employee to accompany the employee’s domestic partner for the period, or part of the period, of a posting.
• Leave to attend Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Ceremonies is available to enable employees to attend a ceremony associated with the death of an immediate or extended family member or for other ceremonial obligations under Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander law.
• Leave to attend Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander meetings is available to enable employees to attend representative meetings in the capacity of an elected representative of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peak body.