Page 2571 - Week 07 - Monday, 15 August 2022
5. Course length for current programs is as follows:
• Sex Offender Treatment Program: 24 weeks (moderate intensity) or 37 weeks (high intensity)
• SOLID: as needed
• Sex Offender 1:1: as needed
• EQUIPS programs (‘Domestic Family Violence’, ‘Aggression’, ‘Foundation’, and ‘Addiction’): ten weeks
• SMART: six weeks
• AOD focused DBT: eight weeks
• Solaris Therapeutic Community: 20 weeks
• Readiness: four sessions
• Healthy Relationships: six sessions
• AOD Program: six sessions
• Thrive: six sessions
• Thrive Extended: seven sessions
• Making my Way: six sessions
• Self-Paced Booklets: minimum of two hours
• Peer mentor program: total of eight hours facilitated in three sessions
• Individual support and counselling services: 1:1 as determined by treatment goals.
6. Solaris Therapeutic Community is delivered by Karralika, in conjunction with ACTCS. ACTCS has engaged an external specialist psychologist who specialises in 1:1 sex offender treatment and the SOLID sex offender program. ACTCS CPU are responsible for the delivery of all other programs and interventions.
7. Karralika receives external Federal Government funding to deliver their program component.
Alexander Maconochie Centre—parole conditions
(Question No 859)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Corrections, upon notice, on 10 June 2022:
(1) How many detainees, since 1 January 2018, have remained incarcerated in the Alexander Maconochie Centre (AMC) past their earliest release date due to not being granted parole because they did not have a suitable address to reside in after leaving prison.
(2) How many of the detainees, referred to in part (1), had applied to Housing ACT for a home but had either been denied a home or not been granted a home by the time they were eligible for release.
(3) How many detainees, since 1 January 2018, have remained incarcerated in the AMC past their earliest release date due to not being granted parole because they had not completed relevant programs such as the Adult Sexual Offender Program.