Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 07 Hansard (Monday, 15 August 2022) . . Page.. 2568 ..
(8) Will the development of Lawson Stage 2 include two community facility blocks as represented in the original masterplan.
(9) Will the development of the community facility blocks be accomplished by the ACT Government or by private developers, and when is the expected date by which such facilities will be finished.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The settlement of Block 1 Section 50 and Block 1 Section 51 is expected prior to March 2024. This timeframe is contingent on completion of civil works.
(2) Block 1 Section 50 and Block 1 Section 51 can be released under the existing approvals as they are not impacted by the electrical infrastructure that traverses the site. The remaining area of Stage 2 requires some amendment to the existing plan associated with the powerlines and can be released following these changes.
(3) All estate works including parks, playground and other amenities are funded by the SLA.
(4) There are no plans to change the existing planned amenity for Lawson Stage 2.
(5) Approximately 2024-25FY, subject to planning approvals and construction completion.
(6) Refer to 3 above. Total cost for recreational facilities has not been finalised. The necessary detailed designs of the outdoor facilities are yet to be completed. Elements of the designs will also form part of the greater civil infrastructure works.
(7) Yes. Completed facilities are subject to the planning approvals and construction by the future developer/owner of the site which may be around 2025-26.
(9) The release method for the community blocks has not been decided at this point.
(Question No 856)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Planning and Land Management, upon notice, on 10 June 2022:
Does the ACT Government have any plans to upgrade the Hawker shops or any plans to allow developers to further develop the shops; if so, what is the nature of these plans.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
The Hawker shops are not currently identified for upgrade by Transport Canberra and City Services.