Page 2547 - Week 07 - Monday, 15 August 2022

Next page . . . . Previous page . . . . Speeches . . . . Contents . . . . Debates(HTML) . . . . PDF . . . . Video

(2) How many of the 300 properties identified will be (a) sold, (b) redeveloped and (c) renovated.

(3) Of those being sold, how many are due to (a) block size, (b) location and (c) expected cost of sale.

(4) Of those being redeveloped, how many will be redeveloped into (a) townhouse complex and (b) duplexes.

Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:

(1) The tenants who received letters will be relocated to properties within their bedroom entitlement, taking into consideration the tenants area preferences and reasonable property needs i.e no stairs in a property, class C accessible property etc.

(2) Approximately 89 per cent of the properties in question have been identified for sale, with the remaining 11 per cent slated for redevelopment.

(3) Assets are identified for disposal based on several criteria, for which the relative weighting varies dependent on individual property and suburb characteristics, within the context of the broader portfolio.

Whilst the individual elements contributing to each asset being identified for disposal vary slightly, those assets slated for divestment are predominantly Housing ACT’s older, no longer fit for purpose stock, that has reached the end of its useful life within the portfolio.

The average asset identified for sale is a 58-year-old three-bedroom property, in a suburb with above average holdings; the average block is too small and of insufficient zoning to facilitate any uplift upon redevelopment.

When considering options for disposal, Housing ACT considers both the potential redevelopment and sale outcomes, and how they may contribute to realising some of the Program’s underlying objectives, such realigning the Territory’s housing stock with contemporary tenant needs and balancing supply across Canberra.

(4) Of those sites identified for redevelopment, 3 will yield new single residences, 8 will yield new dual-occupancies, 3 will yield new tri-occupancies, and the remaining 20 will yield townhouse developments.

Environment—wood heaters
(Question No 843)

Ms Lawder asked the Minister for the Environment, upon notice, on 10 June 2022:

(1) How many environmental officers are employed on a full-time basis by the Government to respond to complaints from the public about residential woodsmoke pollution.

(2) How many complaints has the Government received from the public regarding neighbourhood woodsmoke pollution in (a) 2015-16, (b) 2016-17, (c) 2017-18, (d) 2018-19, (e) 2019-20, (f) 2020-21 and (g) 2021-22.

Next page . . . . Previous page . . . . Speeches . . . . Contents . . . . Debates(HTML) . . . . PDF . . . . Video