Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 07 Hansard (Monday, 15 August 2022) . . Page.. 2541 ..
(9) Why was the original FOCIS performance framework reviewed in October 2020.
(10) Who conducted this review and how much did it cost.
(11) How many staff were trained or received material from the original FOCIS.
(12) How much was spent on the original strategy before it was reviewed.
(13) How many managers attended the training in May 2022.
(14) Given that freedom of information documents from CHS state “Further analysis of the results (Workplace Culture Survey 2021) and action planning for improving priority areas is being undertaken during February and March 2022”, (a) what analysis has been undertaken, (b) how is it being conducted and (c) by whom.
(15) Can the Minister provide a copy of all (a) analysis CHS has completed on the results and (b) action planning for improving priority areas.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1) The Canberra Health Services Fostering Organisational Culture Improvement Strategy (FOCIS) 2020-2022 outlines 50 activities which were consolidated into 29 key initiatives as per the Key Initiatives Document (attached).
1. Monitoring progress and achievement of Strategic Plan, Corporate Plan through the Corporate Plan Tracker.
2. Progressing the Improving Medical Engagement and Culture Strategy.
3. Implementing the Clinical Governance Framework by progressing the eight Frameworks which inform systems and processes.
4. Governance structures are aligned to strategic priorities and have clear purposes and responsibilities.
5. Showcasing CHS Values quarterly.
6. Continuing to monitor embedding values-led behaviour through the Workplace Culture Survey 2021.
7. Implementing internal communication strategy.
8. Workshops with nursing leaders to determine best methods for communicating with a 24/7 workforce.
9. Evidence and consultation are used to develop policies and procedures.
10. Reporting lines are clear and well-articulated.
11. Our People Framework outlines how we will invest and care for our people.
12. Evaluating effectiveness of people training programs and identify training needs.