Page 2537 - Week 07 - Monday, 15 August 2022
ii. work life balance, and
iii. being in a supportive environment.
When asked what CHS could do better, the top responses were:
i. less paperwork and better technology,
ii. more leadership and management development, and
iii. more opportunities for personal development.
When asked if they would be interested to work for CHS again, 57 per cent commented ‘yes’ with the remainder leaving the question blank or stating ‘no’.
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce has advised the information for this question is not captured in an easily retrievable format and would be an unreasonable diversion of resources to provide. Anecdotally, Calvary advises that the main reasons for staff to leave employment are employment opportunity and relocation.
ACT Health—workers compensation claims
(Question No 836)
Ms Castley asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 10 June 2022:
(1) What has been the (a) actual spend and (b) budgeted spend for workers compensation premium charge since 2016.
(2) How many staff incidents have there been in Canberra Health Services (CHS) each year since 2016.
(3) How many compensation claims have been lodged since July 2020 for each month until present.
(4) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of the reasons that claims are (a) rejected and (b) withdrawn.
(5) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of all compensation claims by division in the hospital (surgery, medicine etc) for (a) all claims, (b) claims withdrawn, (c) accepted claims and (d) rejected claims, for each month since July 2020.
(6) Can the Minister provide a breakdown for (a) all compensation claims, (b) accepted claims and (c) rejected claims by mechanism of injury since July 2020.
(7) What is the average cost of a compensation claim.
(8) What is the average time off following an accepted claim.
(9) Can the Minister provide a breakdown from the most expensive to least expensive compensation claims by mechanism of injury since July 2020.
(10) How many staff (headcount and full-time equivalent) work in Work health and Safety for CHS?