Page 2042 - Week 06 - Thursday, 9 June 2022
• Assist students to access support services that will enable them to remain engaged and successfully complete their Head Start placement.
ASbA Liaison and Project Support Officer (Trainee – 0.8)
• Raise awareness of the benefits of ASbAs through the delivery of information sessions to high schools
• Present to high school and college students on the benefits of a vocational education and training pathway
• Provide administration support to the Head Start team
• Provide peer support for Head Start participants
Assistant Director – Programs and Projects (2 x 0.6)
• Project development and implementation, ensuring systems and services work reliably and securely with a focus on continuous improvement
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key government partners, schools, employers, registered training organisations and Apprenticeship Network Providers
• Perform research and analysis work including the preparation of reports and briefs on relevant program activities and/or project milestones
• Co-ordinate procurement activities and perform contract management duties.
2a) Enrolments under the JobTrainer extension and expansion (JobTrainer 2.0) close on 31 December 2022, with programs continuing throughout 2023-2024.
2b) At 21 April 2022, there have been 1,788 enrolments in JobTrainer 2.0. courses. These courses comprise both full qualifications and short courses. Further places will be made available in the second half of 2022. The final number of places funded through JobTrainer 2.0 will depend on student demand and the uptake of higher-cost full qualifications and lower-cost short courses.
2c) Waiting lists for specific courses may be held by individual registered training organisations (RTOs) approved to enrol students in JobTrainer courses.
2d) The Australian Government MySkills, ACT Government JobTrainer and Skills Canberra websites are updated regularly to promote JobTrainer courses and the RTOs delivering them. The ACT also implemented a JobTrainer promotional campaign that includes social media and radio advertising.
Women—build-to-rent-to-buy housing initiative
(Question No 753)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Housing and Suburban Development, upon notice, on 8 April 2022:
(1) What is the current status of the development of a Build-to-Rent-to-Buy women’s housing initiative in Ginninderry.
(2) What potential sites in Ginninderry have been identified to date.
(3) What funding models have been considered so far.