Page 2034 - Week 06 - Thursday, 9 June 2022
Mr Barr: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) There is no Government data on short-term rental accommodation in the ACT. Short stays are private, contractual arrangements between an owner or short-term rental provider and tenant.
(2) As at 22 April 2022, 43,900 rental bonds have been lodged with the ACT Revenue Office.
(3) & (4)
Lessors and agents are not required by law to take a bond from a tenant, however, if they do receive a bond, they are required to lodge it with the ACT Revenue Office. Receipts are issued to all parties involved. The Government has no way of identifying whether a rental bond should have been lodged. Tenants who have paid a bond but who have not received a receipt should contact Rental Bonds, ACT Revenue Office.
ACT Health and Canberra Health Services—resources
(Question No 738)
Ms Castley asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 8 April 2022:
(1) Can the Minister provide a list of all ACT Government run health services, including (a) how much funding the service received in 2020-21 and the forward estimates to 2024-25, (b) a link to a website or information about the service and (c) how many staff work at each service including their job title, employment type and workload.
(2) Can the Minister provide a list of all health services that have been discontinued by the ACT Government since 2016, including (a) how many staff worked at these services, (b) the type of service eg, inpatient, outpatient, recovery, screening etc, (c) total funding each program received and (d) why the service has been discontinued and how long it operated.
(3) Can the Minister provide a list of all health services which are not run by the ACT Government but receive ACT Government funding, including (a) how much funding each service receives, (b) the type of service eg, inpatient, outpatient, recovery, screening etc and (c) how long the service has been operating and contract details.
(4) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of all staff who work in a health capacity for ACT Health and Canberra Health Services (eg, staff who provide direct health services such as doctors and nurses, not mental health staff and not administration/human resources/communications staff, etc), including job title, employment type, salary and work description.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Information in response to this question relates to Canberra Health Services, which delivers most ACT Government run health services. The ACT Health Directorate directly delivers a range of public health services and services at the Ngunnawal Bush Healing Farm.
(a) Please refer to Budget Paper C. Many services are not funded at the service unit level.