Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 9 June 2022) . . Page.. 2032 ..
(7) The dwelling yield of 100 dwellings and 24,000m2 of commercial for the sites is identified in the ILRP. In addition, the ILRP states: A Community and Recreation Facilities Needs Assessment for the Gungahlin district will provide the basis for community engagement on future community facilities in the district, such as the proposal for a community centre in the Gungahlin town centre and the provision of community and recreation facilities on a commercial release in Casey. The Territory Plan’s Commercial Zone 1 (Core) zoning for the sites allows for a wide range of uses including residential, commercial and community facilities. The sites have not been released. There are no development proposals or tenders associated with development on the sites at this time.
(8) The land has not been released. The recent Assessment, Community survey listening report and engagement with the community panel will inform next steps in relation to the sites.
(9) Government will consider uses of the sites that provide the best outcome for the Casey and Gungahlin community.
(10) No. Not beyond what is currently indicated in the ILRP and noting that the ILRP is indicative in nature and subject to change.
(11) Timing of a decision on land uses has not been determined at this time.
(12) No. I understand this is not the project approach EPSDD has applied.
b. The contract is available on the ACT Government Contract Register.
c. See response to Q6.
(Question No 728)
Ms Clay asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 8 April 2022:
(1) How many dwellings are currently paying land tax in the ACT.
(2) How many dwellings does the Government estimate may owe land tax but are not currently registered to pay it.
(3) How does the ACT Government investigate whether a property should be paying land tax but currently is not.
(4) What is the mean and median nominal yearly land tax payable for a dwelling in the ACT.
(5) How many land tax exemptions were granted in the last 12 months and can a breakdown by category of exemption be provided.
(6) When land tax is collected on properties, is the reason land tax is payable (eg, vacant, rented etc) collected; if so, could a table breaking down amount of dwellings by reason they are required to pay land tax be provided.