Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 2 June 2022) . . Page.. 1675 ..
This data is not comprehensive as it only captures material that goes to ACT waste facilities licensed under the Waste Management and Resource Recovery Act 2016. Materials may be reused and recycled in many ways without going through ACT waste facilities (i.e. being transported to NSW or being used for alternative purposes on job sites).
(2) Beneficial Re-use Material and Virgin Excavated Natural Materials accepted at ACT landfills are re-purposed at the landfill, notably for daily landfill capping. The capping of landfill is part of the contractual requirements of each site.
In relation to materials from licensed waste facilities, the monetary amount for the reuse or repurpose of each material by tonnage is a commercial in confidence business decision that ACT NoWaste does not have access to.
Planning—Taylor playing fields
(Question No 767)
Mr Milligan asked the Minister for Planning and Land Management, upon notice, on 6 May 2022 (redirected to the Minister for Sport and Recreation):
(1) Have plans been developed for the Taylor playing fields; if so, are these plans available to the public.
(2) Can the Minister advise what infrastructure will be built.
(3) Is the Minister able to provide a timeline for these works/plans, if not already completed.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) A master plan for the Taylor District Playing Fields was developed as part of the Taylor Estate Masterplan – refer to TaylorEstateMap_2021-05-28.pdf (act.gov.au).
(2) Stage 1 of the Taylor District Playing Fields was completed in 2019, which includes the provision of two combination football fields, a cricket field and sportsground lighting. In accordance with the Taylor Estate Masterplan, land has been allocated for the provision of a further four combination football fields, a sportsground pavilion and outdoor cricket nets.
(3) The new outdoor cricket nets are scheduled for construction by Transport Canberra and City Services in 2022. The timeframe to deliver the remaining elements of the Taylor District Playing Fields will be subject to future detailed design and budget appropriation.
(Question No 768)
Ms Castley asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 6 May 2022: