Page 1649 - Week 05 - Thursday, 2 June 2022
the Florey dryland oval. The Education Directorate has been working with the school to gather ideas for a suitable open space for the students on a portion of the oval site, which would also improve local recreation facilities. The ACT COVID-19 lockdown delayed any further engagement work planned by the Education Directorate in 2021. Indicative sketches have been developed and will form the basis for the next phase of consultation.
(2) TCCS is currently reviewing the existing land management plans for public unleased land, which includes dryland ovals. As part of that review, consideration will be given to the future management of dryland ovals. The review will result in a single land management plan which is anticipated to be released as a draft for public comment in mid-2022. With regard to Florey Oval, the Education Directorate met with the school Principal in April 2022 to recommence communication and engagement activities. Over coming months this will include engagement with staff, students and the school community; exploration and discussion with local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander representatives; as well as seeking feedback from the Florey and Belconnen communities. Community engagement activities are expected to be completed and an outcome announced by the end of July 2022. Following the community engagement activities Education will work with TCCS to determine pathways to achieving outcomes.
Alexander Maconochie Centre—mental health staffing
(Question No 689)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Justice Health, upon notice, on 25 March 2022:
(1) For how long has custodial health had funding for a total of 16 full-time equivalent (FTE) positions.
(2) Have the 16 FTE positions ever all been filled at the same time since funding for the positions became available.
(3) What is the current FTE for custodial mental health.
(4) How many of these FTE positions are for psychologists.
(5) What are the job titles of these positions.
(6) How many psychologist positions are filled and what is their FTE.
(7) Which psychologist positions are currently unstaffed and how long have these positions been unstaffed.
(8) Does the team leader of the Specialist Interventions Team receive an allowance or additional pay for being the team leader.
(9) How many recruitment rounds have taken place to fill unstaffed psychologist positions at the Alexander Maconochie Centre in the last four years.
(10) Why has Canberra Health Services found it difficult to recruit psychological staff.