Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 03 Hansard (Thursday, 7 April 2022) . . Page.. 990 ..
(3) For each grant program referred to in part (1), but excluding non-competitive grant programs that provide generalised financial assistance to individuals or businesses, (a) who received a grant in (i) 2016-17, (ii) 2017-18, (iii) 2018-19, (iv) 2019-20, (v) 2020-21, and (vi) 2021-22, (b) when did the recipient apply for the grant, (c) when did the recipient receive the grant, (d) how much was the grant and (e) did the conditions that attached to the grant prevent (or have the effect of preventing) the recipient making public comment on any issue; if so, how was the recipient prevented from making public comment.
(4) Has the portfolio provided a grant that was not provided under one of the programs identified in part (1) in (a) 2016-17, (b) 2017-18, (c) 2018-19, (d) 2019-20, (e) 2020-21, and (f) 2021-22.
(5) For each grant referred to in part (4), (a) who received the grant, (b) how was the recipient of the grant identified, (c) what was the purpose of the grant, (d) when did the person receive the grant, (e) what conditions attached to the grant, (f) did the conditions that attached to the grant prevent (or have the effect of preventing) the recipient making public comment on any issue; if so, how was the recipient prevented from making public comment and (g) how much was the grant.
(6) Does the Government report or disclose publicly the recipients of grants and the conditions that attach to those grants.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
Please refer to the Attachments A – D
Question 589: Attorney-General
Information provided at Attachment A.1 responds to the following components of the question:
• Question 1(a), (b), (c), (d), (e) and (f)
• Question 2 (a), (b) and (c) (first occurring); and
• Question 4.
In response to Question 2(c) (second occurring), none of the grant programs listed in Attachment A.1 were accounted for as an expense on behalf of the Territory. Trust Grants programs were accounted for in the Confiscated Asset Trust account.
In response to Question 6, some information about grants administered in the portfolio and the recipients of those grants is published in one or more of JACS annual reports for the relevant years, budget papers, media statements and the legislation register. Although there is not currently a single approach taken to publication, any conditions on an individual grant recipient are not published.
Otherwise, answering all components of this question to the level of detail sought would require an unreasonable diversion of resources.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).