Page 1029 - Week 03 - Thursday, 7 April 2022
(5) See response to question 4.
(6) The successful ACT Road Safety Fund Grant recipients are published in the Annual Report and on the City Services website. Conditions associated with the grants are not published.
The list of successful grant applicants for Adopt a Park can be found on the City Services Website. The conditions are not published post the grant closing.
A public register is not available for Street Art Grants program. The conditions are not published post the grant closing.
Mental health services—Dhulwa Mental Health Unit
(Question No 647)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 11 February 2022:
(1) Can the Minister provide a breakdown of all staff currently engaged at Dhulwa Mental Health Unit (Dhulwa), including number of staff, job title, work classification, employment type and workload.
(2) How many patients are currently being treated at Dhulwa.
(3) How many incidents of assault on a staff member by a patient/s have been reported in each year for the past three years.
(4) How many staff have taken personal or medical leave due to an incident of assault by a patient, and what has been the total period of leave taken for this reason in each year for the past three years.
(5) How many staff have left their employment at Dhulwa in each year for the past three years.
(6) How many staff have left their employment due to have experienced assault or stress from dealing with aggressive patients.
(7) How are patients managed where there is not enough staff available to keep regular care standards at each of the following units, ie patient lockdown.
(8) What kind of training is provided to staff so that they can safely and effectively manage aggressive behaviour in patients.
(9) Which staff receive this training, ie nurses, wardsmen etc.
(10) Is ongoing and/or higher-level training provided to staff; if so, how often and what kind of training is provided to what staff.
(11) How are patients who have committed acts of aggression and assault towards staff members managed, ie medicative, punitive, therapeutic, policy measures etc.