Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 24 March 2022) . . Page.. 674 ..
(b) The criteria to determine whether a zero emissions vehicle is a fit for purpose replacement are based on the duties of each vehicle. They include cost, safety, range, size and where relevant, more specific requirements such as off-road capability, load capacity, towing capacity and internal dimensions.
Climate change strategy—funding
(Question No 652)
Ms Castley asked the Minister for Water, Energy and Emissions Reduction, upon notice, on 11 February 2022:
(1) In relation to the Budget Outlook, page 170, can the Minister provide a breakdown of how the $2.647m of funding for Climate Action – Adaptation and Resilience will be spent over the next four years.
(2) What are the KPIs for this budget item.
(3) As a total of $2.647m has been allocated over four years of which $700,000 has been allocated for 2021/22, can the Minister explain the $150,000 offset, given it was going to cost $849,000.
Mr Rattenbury: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Climate Action – Adaptation and Resilience funding will support continued delivery of priority climate change adaptation initiatives to support the implementation of the ACT Climate Change Strategy 2019-2025 and will replace expiring funding to continue the implementation of Canberra’s Living Infrastructure Plan: Cooling the City and the 30% living infrastructure targets. This work includes approximately:
• $250,000 to support continued monitoring, evaluation and spatial data visualisation tools of living infrastructure, canopy cover and surface permeability targets.
• $300,000 to investigate planning system options for living infrastructure requirements for commercial and industrial zones.
• $100,000 to continue to monitor progress of community resilience to the effects of climate change through the continuation of the ACT Longitudinal Survey on Climate Change and other data collection.
• $150,000 to deliver a Climate Risk Assessment for the ACT.
• $1.847 million to support three ongoing staff, replacing expired funding.
(2) As funding supports continued implementation of the ACT Climate Change Strategy 2019-2025 (the Strategy) and Canberra’s Living Infrastructure Plan: Cooling the City (the Plan), the budget item is reported as part of implementation of the Strategy and the Plan.