Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 24 March 2022) . . Page.. 665 ..
(4) Does the Government intend to annex these purchased blocks at a later time (ie, change the borders of the ACT to encapsulate these purchased blocks within the ACT).
(5) Will land owners who purchase ACT Government owned land in NSW (in the recently purchased blocks) have to pay land tax to the NSW Government or the ACT Government.
(6) Are the two blocks of land big enough to accommodate the planned construction of McNamara and Strathnairn.
(7) Has any excess land been purchased for a potential future third suburb.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) No. Ginninderra Falls is part of the block adjacent to those purchased.
(2) 527 Parkwood Road - $8.12M
495 Parkwood Road - The SLA has entered into a call option deed for the acquisition of this block. The block will not settle until the SLA has met its obligations under the deed. The purchase price is therefore not public at this stage.
(3) 527 Parkwood Road – 80ha
495 Parkwood Road – 80ha
(4) The blocks have been purchased as additional land for the Ginninderry Joint Venture. Should an agreement between relevant jurisdictions be negotiated on border relocation, these blocks will be included in that consideration.
(5) Arrangements for the payment of rates and charges for the NSW land are still the subject of inter jurisdictional consideration.
(6) The suburbs of Strathnairn and Macnamara are wholly within the ACT. This land will be in a new, as yet unnamed suburb, currently referred to as Suburb 3. Suburb 3 will comprise these blocks as well as the existing land brought to the joint venture by Riverview Developments.
(7) No further land has been purchased.
(Question No 641)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 11 February 2022:
(1) What criteria were used to determine how wide each of the pedestrian refuges in Krefft Street, Florey, would be.
(2) What consideration is given to the impact that the width of a pedestrian refuge will have on bicycle lanes.