Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 02 Hansard (Thursday, 24 March 2022) . . Page.. 657 ..
(4) See above.
West Belconnen severe storm event—electricity supply
(Question No 632)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Treasurer, upon notice, on 11 February 2022:
(1) Did EvoEnergy request assistance from any other utility companies to assist with efforts to restore power after the storm on 3 January 2022; if so, when and to whom.
(2) Did any other utility companies offer workers to assist EvoEnergy with efforts to restore power; if so, who and when were these offers made.
(3) When did EvoEnergy accept these offers.
(4) Which utility companies provided workers to assist EvoEnergy in restoring power.
(5) When did workers for any other utility company first arrive in the ACT to assist EvoEnergy in restoring power.
(6) How many workers from any other utility were involved.
(7) How long did these workers assist EvoEnergy.
(8) What was the cost to EvoEnergy of using workers from any other utility company in restoring power.
Mr Barr: The following answer to the member’s question has been sought from Icon Water Limited which operates as an independent corporation:
1. Evoenergy reached out to Endeavour Energy and Essential Energy on 4 January 2022 seeking support from field crew resources to assist. Evoenergy confirmed the engagement of Endeavour Energy in a meeting on Wednesday 5 January 2022 and this was formalised through a Memorandum of Understanding for Disaster Support.
3. See answer to question 2.
4. Endeavour Energy.
5. Endeavour Energy crews arrived in the ACT at 7am Thursday 6 January 2022.
6. Endeavour Energy crews consisted of 18 field staff, 1 scheduler and 2 Operations Managers.
7. 3.5 days in total. Endeavour Energy departed the ACT at midday Sunday 9 January 2022.
8. Evoenergy confirmed payment to Endeavour Energy on a cost recovery basis. The amount has not been disclosed as it is commercial-in-confidence.