Page 585 - Week 02 - Thursday, 24 March 2022
indeed it does decide to inquire, the committee should determine the reporting date based on that committee’s capacity. Thank you.
Amendments agreed to.
Original question, as amended, agreed to.
Estimates 2022-2023—Select Committee
Debate resumed from 10 February 2022, on motion by Ms Lawder:
(1) a Select Committee on Estimates 2022-2023 be appointed to examine the expenditure proposals contained in the Appropriation Bill 2022-2023, the Appropriation (Office of the Legislative Assembly) Bill 2022-2023 and any revenue estimates proposed by the Government in the 2022-2023 Budget and prepare a report to the Assembly;
(2) the Committee be composed of:
(a) two Members to be nominated by the Government;
(b) two Members to be nominated by the Opposition; and
(c) one Member to be nominated by the Greens; and
to be notified in writing to the Speaker within two hours of this motion passing;
(3) an Opposition Member shall be elected chair of the Committee by the Committee;
(4) funds be provided by the Assembly to permit the engagement of external expertise to work with the Committee to facilitate the analysis of the Budget and the preparation of the report of the Committee;
(5) the Committee is to report by Friday, 29 July 2022;
(6) if the Assembly is not sitting when the Committee has completed its inquiry, the Committee may send its report to the Speaker or, in the absence of the Speaker, to the Deputy Speaker, who is authorised to give directions for its printing, publishing and circulation; and
(7) the foregoing provisions of this resolution, so far as they are inconsistent with the standing orders, have effect notwithstanding anything contained in the standing orders.
MR BRADDOCK (Yerrabi) (11.57): I stand today in lieu of Mr Rattenbury, who is unable to be here, and also on behalf of the ACT Greens. This motion, which Ms Orr will be moving amendments to shortly, has gone through admin and procedure and has the support of the Greens. We look forward to the estimates process for this year. Thank you.
MS ORR (Yerrabi) (11.58), by leave: I move: