Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2022 Week 01 Hansard (Thursday, 10 February 2022) . . Page.. 333 ..
In addition, the ACT Government undertakes a range of road safety initiatives based on managing the risk of crashes and improving driver behaviours. These include initiatives such as driver education, speed management, speed enforcement and road safety campaigns.
(9) Consultants are engaged as required for intersection improvements and costs vary.
(Question No 518)
Mr Milligan asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 12 November 2021:
(1) Does the Emergency Services Agency have comprehensive evacuation plans for each of the areas in the ACT; if so, how frequently are these plans updated.
(2) How detailed are the plans referred to in part (1), by government area, or by suburb.
(3) What are the specific provisions for the border suburbs in the western and northern fringes of the ACT.
(4) Do the plans consider the housing density of areas and narrow roads in many newer suburbs in the ACT; if so, can the Minister provide details.
(5) Do the plans take into account access by emergency vehicles and egress of residents; if so, can the Minister provide details.
(6) What assembly points have been identified for residents of each of the suburban areas in the event of a fire and can the Minister provide details.
(7) Where are the plans available for the public to view and can the Minister provide the relevant ? Please provide the uniform resource locator (URL).
(8) What plans are there to run an education campaign on what to do in the event of an evacuation.
(9) How quickly will these plans kick in.
(10) How will this information be disseminated.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
The overarching framework for responding to emergencies in the ACT is set out in the ACT Emergency Plan. The ACT Emergency Plan is a Notifiable Instrument and is located on the ACT Legislation Register at https://legislation.act.gov.au/ni/2014-442/.
The Security and Emergency Management Division of the Justice and Community Safety Directorate holds a register of subplans under the ACT Emergency Plan.
The ACT Evacuations Policy details high level principles to be considered when an evacuation is required. The policy does not detail specifics of each hazard, and does not