Page 1798 - Week 06 - Thursday, 3 June 2021
corporate complied with ACAT orders about balcony repair and noise investigation and has Access Canberra been involved.
(2) Has Access Canberra done any investigation about the conduct of the executive committee of the body corporate.
(3) Has ACAT taken disciplinary action against the executive committee and Strata manager; if not, why not.
(4) What has been Access Canberra’s involvement in residents’ complaints dating several years about Symphony Park in Harrison including noise, balcony, basement cracks and leakage issues.
(5) Has Access Canberra taken any legal action against PBS Building, Independent Strata Management and Sellick Consultants; if not, why not.
(6) What action, if any, has the Minister taken about Symphony Park.
(7) Has Access Canberra issued any rectification orders on the builder.
Ms Cheyne: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Complaints regarding noise and structural issues at Symphony Park in Harrison are currently being investigated by Access Canberra. Accordingly, it would be inappropriate for me to provide further comment so as not to prejudice the investigation or its outcomes.
(2) Please see response to Question 1.
(3) Please see response to Question 1.
(4) Access Canberra has been aware of the complaints associated with Symphony Park since 2019, and continues to investigate these matters.
(5) Please see response to Question 1.
(6) Compliance and enforcement in accordance with construction and building legislation in the ACT is the responsibility of the independent statutory officer, namely, the ACT Construction Occupations Registrar (‘the Registrar’). It is not appropriate for me, as Minister, to intervene in the Registrar’s exercise of his statutory functions. I can confirm, however, that both myself and the former Minister, Mr Gordon Ramsay, have received correspondence from residents of Symphony Park in relation to complaints regarding noise and structural issues.
(7) Please see response to Question 1.
(Question No 240)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for Water, Energy and Emissions Reduction, upon notice, on 14 May 2021 (redirected to the Minister for Planning and Land Management):