Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 13 Hansard (Thursday, 2 December 2021) . . Page.. 4175 ..
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. There is no screening tool specific to pregnancy. There is a screening tool in the draft ACT Risk Assessment and Management Framework that was trialled successfully at Calvary Maternity Unit and supported staff to understand and identify domestic and family violence. The screening questions in the framework were also included in the Strengthening Hospital Responses to Family Violence program that has been rolled out across The Canberra Hospital.
2. The screening tool and questions in the draft ACT Risk Assessment and Management Framework are applicable across all settings and the Office of the Coordinator-General for Family Safety encourages its use in as many settings as possible.
Alexander Maconochie Centre—toothbrushes(Question No 540)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Justice Health, upon notice, on 12 November 2021 (redirected to the Minister for Corrections):
(1) What is the make and model of the toothbrushes that are distributed to the detainees at the Alexander Maconochie Centre (AMC) and if there are multiple makes and models, could the Minister list them.
(2) Why has this particular toothbrush been chosen and if there are multiple toothbrushes, can the Minister list the reasons for each toothbrush.
(3) Are these toothbrushes less able to be turned into improvised weapons than regular commercial toothbrushes.
(4) Is there a set interval of time between distribution of toothbrushes, such as every three months; if so, how long is that interval.
(5) If a detainee needs or requests a new toothbrush before that interval, are they provided with a new toothbrush.
(6) Does the detainee need to provide a satisfactory reason for needing a new toothbrush.
(7) In response to a stabbing at the AMC in January 2020, it was suggested by an MLA that silicon toothbrushes be distributed to detainees instead of plastic toothbrushes which have been used to make improvised weapons and a Minister stated that the Government would have a look at the toothbrush suggestion, what was the result of the Government’s review of this idea.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Colgate Medium Bristle toothbrush – Model # T4
(2) This toothbrush used is based on supplier stock. It is currently the only toothbrush distributed.
(3) These are ‘regular’ toothbrushes as available in the community.