Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 12 Hansard (Thursday, 25 November 2021) . . Page.. 3801 ..
(7) The Taskforce is now developing a program of work to address these issues. The Taskforce has also addressed direct queries from business during the Discovery Phase, helping to find solutions to immediate concerns.
(8) $36,960 (GST inclusive) was spent on the legislative review project in 2020-21. The total contract value is $92,400 (spanning 2020-21 and 2021-22).
(9) Phase One of the legislation review was completed on 8 November 2021. This phase has identified a shortlist of key areas which may be selected for an in-depth legislative review by the Taskforce. The findings of Phase One will be incorporated into the program of work for the Taskforce. Government has not yet made a decision on the release of these findings.
Multicultural affairs—cultural centres(Question No 524)
Mrs Jones asked the Minister for Multicultural Affairs, upon notice, on 12 November 2021:
(1) Which multicultural, ethnic or national cultural groups have a cultural centre in Canberra.
(2) For each cultural centre identified in part (1), (a) what is its address and (b) when was it established.
Ms Cheyne: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Canberra has a range of multicultural, ethnic or national cultural groups who have dedicated privately established cultural centres or clubs, or who use other facilities to deliver cultural activities to the community.
Privately established Clubs in the ACT include:
- Hellenic Club of Canberra;
- Polish Australian White Eagle Club Inc;
- Spanish Australian Club of Canberra;
- Italian Cultural Centre of Canberra;
- Canberra Sikh Association;
- Latin American Cultural Centre;
- Hindu Temple and Cultural Centre;
- Gungahlin Masjid;
- Alliance Francaise Canberra;
- Austrian Australian Club Canberra;
- Canberra Irish Club;
- Wat Lao Buddhanimit Canberra established by the Lao Association of the ACT Inc;
- Slovianian Australian Association;
- Harmonie German Club of Canberra;