Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 16 September 2021) . . Page.. 2719 ..
1. The vocational education and training contract was novated to Foresite Training on 24 September 2018, following an earlier open tender process. A range of providers competed in the tender process including the Canberra Institute of Technology, Australian Indigenous Leadership Centre Ltd, Australian Red Cross Society and Auswide Projects Ltd.
2. As with all tender evaluations each submission was assessed against an agreed set of criteria to find the preferred supplier.
3. A procurement process is in progress for the provision of Vocational Education and Training at the AMC. It is anticipated that the procurement process will be completed by December 2021. Procurement ACT are undertaking the process. Foresite Training is in the process of considering a deed of variation, extending the contract to 31 December 2021 and have continued to provide services.
4. Not applicable.
5 It is anticipated that the procurement process (open tender) will be completed by December 2021.
Extinction Rebellion protest—deployment of services(Question No 406)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, upon notice, on 6 August 2021:
(1) What was the operational cost of deploying ACT Policing personnel to the site of the Extinction Rebellion protest on 3 August 2021 on Barry Drive near Marcus Clarke Street.
(2) How many individual ACT Policing personnel were deployed here for the duration of the protest.
(3) What was the operational cost of deploying Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS) personnel to the site of the Extinction Rebellion protest.
(4) How many individual TCCS personnel were deployed here for the duration of the protest.
(5) What was the operation cost of deploying Fire and Rescue personnel to the site of the Extinction Rebellion protest.
(6) How many individual Fire and Rescue personnel were deployed here.
(7) What was the purpose of deploying TCCS personnel and ACT Policing to the site of the Extinction Rebellion protest.
(8) Did the ACT Government receive any advance notice of the protest from Extinction Rebellion representatives; if so, what actions did the ACT Government take in response and did the ACT Government attempt to give any warning to the public before the protest commenced.