Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 09 Hansard (Thursday, 16 September 2021) . . Page.. 2715 ..
(3) Is the role of an induction officer a dedicated one that deals only with the induction of detainees; if not, what other duties can an induction officer perform.
(4) Do correctional officers or other positions within the AMC ever perform the roles of an induction officer.
(5) Are induction officers based primarily within the AMC.
(6) Is there a workspace in the AMC dedicated for use by induction officers.
(7) What key indicators is an induction officer subject to, to evaluate their performance
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. Induction Officers are Correctional Officers who receive the custodial recruit training, standard refresher training and training for induction operational procedures. The minimum qualifications or certificates required are the same as a Correctional Officer.
2. The total Full Time Equivalent (FTE) required to maintain the Induction Officer post is 3.3 FTE. There is also 1 FTE Induction Coordinator (a non-uniformed position).
3. Any Correctional Officer Level 1 could be tasked with the role of Induction Officer and could also be tasked with any other Correctional Officer Level 1 duties.
4. Any Correctional Officer Level 1 can perform the duties of Induction Officer. The role of the Induction Coordinator is an administrative position.
5. The Induction Officer and Induction Coordinator are based at the Alexander Maconochie Centre (AMC).
6. The Induction Officer uses the accommodation unit workspace with the other Correctional Officers in that area. The Induction Coordinator has a dedicated workspace in the AMC.
7. The Induction Officer is subject to the performance and classification of a Correctional Officer Level 1. The Induction Coordinator is subject to performance evaluation at the AS06 level in accordance with their Position Description.
Alexander Maconochie Centre—incidents(Question No 402)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Corrections, upon notice, on 6 August 2021:
(1) What disciplinary measures were taken against the inmates involved in the May 2021 riot, by Alexander Maconochie Centre (AMC) staff.
(2) What actions were taken against the inmates involved in the May 2021 riot, by ACT Policing.
(3) What disciplinary measures were taken against the inmates who were identified as the ‘ring leaders’ in the May 2021 riot, by AMC staff.