Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 5 August 2021) . . Page.. 2516 ..
(2) Which of these members of the Arts Network are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people.
(3) As the Arts Network was intended to ‘collaborate with artsACT in new program development and co-design for targeted and specific Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts programs in 2018’, can the Minister provide a summary of these targeted and specific programs from 2018 to the present.
(4) What specific new initiatives have been designed to align with the seven Program Principals developed by the Arts Network, as noted on the ACT Government’s website, and what is the status of each initiative.
(5) Can the Minister provide an update on each commitment from artsACT in (a) diversifying programming, boards and staff, (b) reviewing artsACT funding processes with a focus on accessibility for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, (c) investigating options for an identified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander officer within artsACT, (d) exploring and supporting the infrastructure needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts communities, (e) providing support to community-driven projects, (f) supporting and promoting traditional custodians’ art and culture through support for new activities, and (g) showcasing local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander arts in the ACT by providing opportunities through events and other activities.
(6) As artsACT reports annually on the implementation and progress of the action plan, can the Minister either provide these annual reports or provide an update on each commitment listed in the Outcomes and Actions Table.
(7) In relation to the allocation of $100,000 per year for ACT Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists, (a) has this allocation continued past 2016–17; if not, why not, and (b) can the Minister provide a break-down by year of how this allocation has been used.
(8) How many pieces of public art were a) commissioned, b) acquired, and c) installed by the ACT Government in each of the past ten financial years.
(9) How many of the pieces mentioned in part 8 were a) created by Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander artists and/or b) are related to Indigenous cultures or sites?
(10) For each of the past ten financial years, what has been the ACT Government’s annual budget for the commissioning and/or acquisition of new public art pieces.
(11) How much from the budget referred in part 10 was earmarked for pieces a) created by Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander artists or b) related to Indigenous cultures or sites?
(12) Besides one ACT Fire & Rescue vehicle, one ACT Rural Fire Service vehicle and one ACT State Emergency Service vehicle, which other government assets bear Aboriginal artwork.
(13) What government policy/ies govern the application of Aboriginal artwork to government assets.
(14) Has the ACT Government ever engaged in talks with Ngunnawal people or any other Aboriginal communities about the desirability of more government assets bearing Aboriginal artwork, and if so, can the minister please summarise those discussions.