Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 08 Hansard (Thursday, 5 August 2021) . . Page.. 2472 ..
on Notice Paper No 2 provides information regarding the cost of housing a detainee at the AMC), or may be available online (for example, information and advice to those visiting the AMC is available on the ACT Corrective Services website).
Noting this, it is inappropriate in this instance to divert resources from priority activities for the purposes of answering the Member’s questions. I do however offer the member a verbal briefing with relevant officials.
Alexander Maconochie Centre—sentence management officers(Question No 320)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Corrections, upon notice, on 4 June 2021:
(1) How many Sentence Management Officers (SMOs) are employed by ACT Corrective Services.
(2) What is the full-time equivalent.
(3) How many SMOs are (a) full-time and (b) part-time.
(4) How many SMOs work with inmates at the Alexander Maconochie Centre (AMC).
(5) Is there a maximum number of inmates that an SMO can be assigned to; if so, what is that number.
(6) Are SMOs who work with inmates at the AMC based primarily within the AMC.
(7) Is there any workspace in the AMC dedicated for use by SMOs.
(8) Is there a minimum of hours that an SMO must spend in person with an inmate they are assigned to.
(9) What key indicators is an SMO subject to, to evaluate their performance.
(10) What key indicators does an SMO use to evaluate the rehabilitation of an inmate they are assigned to.
(11) Do SMOs have a job duty to ensure inmates have a secure place of residence upon release.
(12) What are the minimum qualifications or certificates required to be a SMO.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
I have been advised by the Justice and Community Safety Directorate that the collection of relevant information to assemble responses would require a considerable diversion of resources. Further, I note that in some cases relevant advice has been provided through responses to previous questions from Members (for example, QON 100 from Questions on Notice Paper No 2 provides information regarding the cost of housing a detainee at the AMC), or may be available online (for example, information and advice to those visiting the AMC is available on the ACT Corrective Services website).