Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 08 Hansard (Tuesday, 3 August 2021) . . Page.. 2156 ..
• The Red Hill Integrated Plan released in 2021 fails to deliver on the petition or Resolution by including a retirement village on the Federal Golf course, despite the EPSDD’s Engagement Report finding the retirement village failed to receive the required majority community support.
Your petitioners, therefore, request the Assembly to call on the ACT Government to amend the Red Hill Integrated Plan to remove the retirement village .on the Federal Golf course and access road off Kitchener Street.
We also request the Assembly reject amendments to the Territory Plan that would enable housing development on the site of the Federal Golf Course.
By Ms Lee, from 516 residents:
To the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly for the Australian Capital Territory
This petition of certain residents of the Australian Capital Territory draws to the attention of, and requests that the Assembly:
• Draft Variation 375 is being introduced so that a 4-unit, 2-story Manor House with 9 car parks, can be built in Griffith.
• Without this DV, the Manor House could not be built.
• If DV 375 is approved, Manor Houses or their equivalent could be built in any low-density residential zone, in the ACT
• Canberra residents require certainty and trust, regarding what can be built near them; random rezoning of single blocks is bad planning.
• Draft Variation 375 is inappropriate for this part of Griffith and does not meet community expectations for the suburb.
• The proposal should be built on an RZ2 block, rather than in RZ1.
Your petitioners request the Assembly reject Draft Variation 375 so the character and amenity of Griffith can be maintained.
In accordance with standing order 99A, these petitions will be referred to the Standing Committee on Planning, Transport and City Services.
The Clerk having announced that the terms of the petitions would be recorded in Hansard and referred to the appropriate ministers for response pursuant to standing order 100, the petitions were received.
The following responses to petitions have been lodged: