Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 07 Hansard (Thursday, 24 June 2021) . . Page.. 2098 ..
(2) Is surveillance currently undertaken for drone detection at and around the AMC; if so, (a) who conducts this drone detection and (b) how is this detection undertaken?
(3) Has the ACT Government or any representatives investigated opportunities to advance its drone detection at the AMC; if so, how.
(4) Has the ACT Government or any representatives investigated how other jurisdictions are dealing with drones at their prisons; if so, what have these investigations found.
(5) Has the ACT Government or any representatives sort advice from other jurisdictions on how they undertake drone direction; if so, with from which jurisdictions and what advice was provided.
Mr Gentleman: I am advised that the answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Between November 2019 and 18 May 2021, there have been five confirmed drone sightings and three incidents of suspected drone activity.
(3) ACTCS continues to look into options to advance its drone detection capability at the AMC, through review of available technology, review of legislation requirements and stakeholder consultation, including with other jurisdictions.
(4) ACTCS has and will continue to engage stakeholders, including other jurisdictions.
(5) ACTCS has and will continue to engage with other jurisdictions on how they undertake drone detection.
Roads—Pialligo(Question No 242)
Ms Lee asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 14 May 2021:
(1) How many consultations have been held with Pialligo residents and Pialligo businesses regarding pedestrian and traffic improvements and/or upgrades to Beltana Road and/or Kallaroo Road and for each consultation (a) how many residents participated in the consultation, (b) how many businesses participated in the consultation, (c) what was the cost of the consultation, (d) who undertook the consultation process, (e) on what date/s did the consultation process take place and (f) can the Minister provide a copy of any (i) briefing or terms of reference for the consultation and (ii) consultation report.
(2) In relation to design works, to date, (a) how much has been spent, (b) what was the design work undertaken, (c) who undertook the design work and (d) can the Minister provide a copy of any design work completed.
(3) Will further design work be undertaken; if so, (a) when will they be undertaken, (b) what is the budget set aside, (c) who will undertake these design works, (d) when will these works take place and (e) can the Minister provide a copy of any contract for the design works.