Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 07 Hansard (Thursday, 24 June 2021) . . Page.. 2096 ..
(2) Has there been any analysis of whether development and redevelopment of the Tuggeranong Town Centre is achieving the visions, outcomes and strategies for the Centre; if so, can the Minister provide a copy of this analysis.
(3) Is development and redevelopment in the Tuggeranong Town Centre over the past eight years consistent with the master plan for the Tuggeranong Town Centre and can the Minister provide a copy of any relevant documentation to support the answer.
(4) Is the precinct code achieving the intended on-the-ground outcomes for the Tuggeranong Town Centre and can the Minister provide copies of any relevant documentation to support the answer.
(5) Is the master plan vision for Tuggeranong Town Centre still relevant and referred to in development applications or other work planned for the Tuggeranong Town Centre.
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The Tuggeranong Town Centre Master Plan was implemented through Territory Plan Variation 318 on 3 October 2014.
(2) Development and redevelopment must be consistent with the Territory Plan, which includes the amendments made through Territory Plan Variation 318 implementing the Tuggeranong Town Centre Master Plan.
(3) Yes. Development and redevelopment in the Tuggeranong Town Centre over the past eight years is consistent with the Tuggeranong Town Centre Master Plan and Greenway Precinct Code. Over 230 development applications have been lodged in the past eight years in the Tuggeranong Town Centre (Attachment A).
(4) Yes. Refer to response at question 3.
(5) Yes. Refer to response at question 3.
(A copy of the attachment is available at the Chamber Support Office).
Trees—planting(Question Nos 236-238)
Ms Castley asked the Minister for the Environment, the Minister for Planning and Land Management, the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 14 May 2021 (redirected to the Minister for Heritage):
(1) What is the tree planting plan for townhouses 17 to 25 at The Bradfield development in Downer.
(2) Are deciduous trees being planted; if not, why not.
(3) Will Canary Island pines be planted near the apartments in stage two.
(4) How has CHC Australia consulted with, and informed, residents about proposed tree plantings and responded to residents’ concerns and preferences.