Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 3 June 2021) . . Page.. 1793 ..
(4) How many of these staff are registered psychologists.
(5) How often is mental health training conducted to AMC staff.
(6) How many staff are employed by Justice Health Services to provide mental health support to AMC staff.
(7) How many of these staff are registered psychologists.
(8) How do AMC staff access mental health support.
Ms Davidson: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) Custodial Mental Health (CMH) provide crisis and psychiatry services to detainees within the Alexander Maconochie Centre (AMC) in line with services provided by Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol and Drug Services (MHJHADS) community mental health teams.
All nursing and psychology staff must be registered annually by the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and all social work staff must have a degree in social work as well as be eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW). All Allied Health staff are credentialled at the time of employment and each year following by the Office of the Director of Allied Health.
There is a total of 16 FTE budgeted for the CMH team. Current staffing levels sit at 11.4 FTE with recruitment underway. The CMH team is made up of:
• 1 x Registered Nurse Leve 4.1 / Health Professional Officer Level 4 – Team Manager
• 1 x Registered Nurse Level 3.2 – Clinical Nurse Consultant
Assertive Response Team:
• 3 x Registered Nurse Level 3.1
• 3 x Registered Nurse Level 2
• 1 x Registered Nurse Level 3.1
• 1 x Registered Nurse Level 2
• 1 x Social Worker Level 3
• 1 x Social Worker Level 2
• 1 x Forensic Psychology Registrar
• 1 x Clinical Psychology Registrar
• 1 x Psychology Intern
• 1 x Health Professional Officer Level 2 Psychologist