Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 3 June 2021) . . Page.. 1789 ..
(5) Given that the 2020–2021 Budget Outlook notes a line item titled, Safer Families – Safer Families Team (p 288), does this budget allocation pay for Family Safe Hub staff salaries; if not what is the complete breakdown of costs for this line item.
The Safer Families Team budget line-item funds:
• Coordinator-General for Family Safety
• 1 x Senior Office Grade B
• 1 x Administrative Services Officer Class 6
• 1 x Administrative Services Officer Class 4
These positions support the Office of the Coordinator-General for Family Safety to lead and improve an informed, capable, connected response to address domestic and family violence.
(6) Given that the 2020–2021 Budget Outlook reveals that $1,333,000 was allocated for More support for families and inclusion – delivering the Family Safety Hub (p 288), can the Minister provide a complete breakdown of costs.
Funding for the Family Safety Hub includes staffing costs ($646,000) and operational costs ($687,000).
Operational funds are used to support research, design and test new ideas and support the roll-out of pilot services and programs. Funding is also used for the collection of data and evaluation of these pilots.
The Family Safety Hub operational budget also funds the ACT’s contribution to national research and evidence-based best practice resources through Australia’s National Research Organisation for Women’s Safety (ANROWS) and OurWatch.
Domestic and family violence—safer families levy(Question No 220)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for the Prevention of Domestic and Family Violence, upon notice, on 23 April 2021:
(1) In relation to the Family Safety Level, for each financial year since 1 July 2016 (when the Family Safety Levy was first established) to the date this question on notice was published, can the Minister provide a complete breakdown of expenditures for the total revenue received by the Family Safety Levy.
(2) If any funding derived from the Family Safety Levy has been allocated to community services, can the Minister detail (a) what community organisations have been allocated funding, (b) how much funding has been given to each community organisation, and (c) the breakdown of funding for each community organisation.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
The Table below reflects the published figures for each of the initiatives funded under the Levy since inception and whether the initiatives include funding to community organisations.