Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 06 Hansard (Thursday, 3 June 2021) . . Page.. 1787 ..
Children and young people—adoptions(Question No 218)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Families and Community Services, upon notice, on 23 April 2021:
(1) Given that in a hearing held on 26 February 2021, I was told that five pending adoptions had been paused awaiting the outcome of a test case in the court, can the Minister provide an update on what has happened regarding the test case between the date of the hearing and the present time.
(2) If the test case has already concluded, can the Minister provide an update on the five pending adoptions that were put on hold.
(3) What is the estimated date by which the test case in question will be settled, if it hasn’t already concluded.
(4) Does the Community Services Directorate have an estimated date by which processing of pending adoptions may again resume.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) All documents have been submitted to the Court to allow the first matter to proceed. This matter is listed for June 2021 based on the Court’s current listing schedule.
(2) The first matter has not been determined by the Court.
(3) Refer to number 1 above.
(4) No estimated date has been determined until the first matter has been heard by the Court.
Domestic and family violence—Family Safety Hub(Question No 219)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for the Prevention of Domestic and Family Violence, upon notice, on 23 April 2021:
(1) What initiatives and innovations currently being considered by the Family Safety Hub are in the research stage of development.
(2) How many staff are employed in the Family Safety Hub in the category of (a) full-time equivalent, (b) full-time, (c) part-time, (d) casual and (c) other by description.
(3) For each staff member in the Family Safety Hub, can the Minister provide their (a) their employment classification, (b) job title and (c) roles and responsibilities.
(4) Are Family Safety Hub staff salaries paid out from the Safer Families Levy.