Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 05 Hansard (Thursday, 13 May 2021) . . Page.. 1553 ..
Mr Gentleman: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
1. The ACT Corrective Services (ACTCS) Blueprint for Change Oversight Committee (the Committee) was established on 3 March 2021. The Committee has met twice, the first meeting held on 24 March, and the second taking place on 19 April 2021.
2. The Committee plans to meet on a monthly basis, or as agreed.
3. There are a total of 12 Committee members, including Ms Christine Nixon as the independent Chairperson. Members have been selected on the basis of their broad-ranging expertise and experience.
4. Members include representatives from:
• the Human Rights Commission;
• Official Visitors;
• the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community;
• Visiting Elders;
• the Community and Public Sector Union;
• staff representatives from the Alexander Maconochie Centre and Court Transport Unit; and
• Senior Executive representatives from ACTCS and the Justice and Community Safety Directorate.
5. No, there are no Committee members who are also working as staff under the Minister for Corrections.
6. Yes, the Committee includes several ACTCS staff members (see response to Question 4 above).
7. The Committee has been appointed for an initial period of twelve months, and it is anticipated that the Blueprint for Change will be developed within that timeframe.
8. Information is shared between Committee members in accordance with the Committee’s Terms of Reference.
9. The Committee has met twice and considered a number of issues relating to staff training, policy and practice.
10. The Committee has not yet made any recommendations to the ACT Government.
11. Please see response to Question 10 above.
12. Yes. As previously advised, Ms Nixon is remunerated for her work as independent Chairperson of the Committee. Please refer to my response to Estimates Question on Notice 118 for further information.
Alexander Maconochie Centre—nicotine replacement therapy(Question No 222)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Justice Health, upon notice, on 23 April 2021: