Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 03 Hansard (Wednesday, 31 March 2021) . . Page.. 790 ..
(5) Yes, the ACT Government is currently commissioning public artworks by the Ngunnawal communities for the new ACT Government Buildings in Civic and Dickson.
Roads—projects(Question No 121)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 12 February 2021:
(1) Has the design stage for the duplication of William Hovell Drive been completed.
(2) When is the anticipated start and completion dates for the William Hovell Drive duplication.
(3) Can the Minister provide an attachment with the detailed design for the William Hovell Drive duplication.
(4) When will construction on William Slim Drive be completed.
(5) Will there be noise reduction measures for the homes backing onto William Slim Drive, as part of the construction on William Slim Drive.
(6) Are there any plans to duplicate Drake Brockman Drive; if so, what is the current timeline for design, construction and completion.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(2) See response to Question 1.
(3) See response to Question 1.
(4) Contracts for the construction of the first stage of the duplication of the third stage of Gundaroo Drive (formerly known as William Slim Drive) have recently been awarded with roadworks expected to commence shortly and are anticipated to be completed by mid-2023 (weather permitting).
(5) The design of the road will involve the trial of a reduction of the speed limit to 60 km/h. In addition, the use of noise reducing pavement surfacing is expected to reduce the noise levels along the road. Noise assessments have been undertaken prior to the commencement of construction and following the completion of works. Noise mitigation measures will be provided if/where required. The construction works are being implemented to ensure that existing traffic noise levels are maintained during construction. The contractor will be responsible for ensuring that noise levels of plant and equipment during construction are in accordance with the current Roads ACT Noise Management Guidelines.
(6) Any future duplication of Drake-Brockman Drive will be triggered by traffic generated by the Ginninderry development. At this stage, there is no timeframe for this.