Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 01 Hansard (Thursday, 3 December 2020) . . Page.. 265 ..
(3) Key Arts and Program funded arts organisations have general programs that are accessed by people living with disability. A number of these organisations including the Belconnen and Tuggeranong Arts Centres, Music For Canberra, Warehouse Circus, Rebus Theatre and M16 also have specific programs for people living with disability. Hands On Studios located at M16 Artspace also has programs for people living with disability.
(4) Rebus Theatre received $57,691 in 2020 and will receive $72,974 in 2021 in arts funding to support artists and community members with a disability to participate in its theatre making programs. Rebus Theatre has accommodation at the Gorman House Arts Centre, including access to theatre facilities at the centre.
Four arts projects were successful in the 2020 round of the I-Day grants:
• Ms Ruth O’Brien to form an Arts Disability Advisory Group ($3,684), and
• The Australian Talented Youth Project for an I Dance Festival ($5,000).
• Ms Maria Rosini for a short film ‘Disability Inclusion in the workplace’ ($5,000)
• Women With Disabilities for ‘Disabled Voices: Arts and Performances’ ($3,900).
Warehouse Circus was successful in its application for a 2020 Disability Inclusion Grant of $7,000 to access specialised staff training in managing and delivering classes to children and young people on the Autism Spectrum.
(5) This data is not collected by the ACT Government.
(6) National consultation is being undertaken regarding the renewed National Arts and Disability Strategy. This work is being coordinated by the Australian Government Office for the Arts with input from the ACT Government. Once this Strategy has been finalised, the ACT Government will consider the best way to implement any actions.
Concerns have been identified about physical access at various ACT Government-owned arts facilities. These sites of concern have been assessed and improvements will be made as funding is available. Concerns raised about access at Ainslie and Gorman House Arts Centres are being reviewed as part of the final design project related to the upgrade of these centres.
Disability services—providers(Question No 79)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Disability, upon notice, on 4 December 2020:
(1) Who are all the specialist disability service providers in the ACT and what is the nature of the service that they provide
(2) Has the Minister (including past relevant ministers) approved any standards about the provision of any specialist disability services by the providers listed in part (1); if so, what standards and for what services.
(3) Has the Minister (including past relevant ministers) approved any grants of financial assistance to service providers; if so, (a) which providers were granted assistance, (b) when was assistance granted, (c) how much assistance was granted and (d) for what purposes.