Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 01 Hansard (Thursday, 3 December 2020) . . Page.. 262 ..
Canberra Health Services (CHS) is also currently in the process of gathering information to develop a Disability Action and Inclusion Plan (the Plan). Consumer feedback and findings drawn from previous bodies of work will be used to develop the Plan to improve the care provided for people with disability, their families and carers. This will allow CHS to identify set transparent goals and actions around equitable access and interaction with the organisation. This plan will complement the ACT Disability Health Strategy.
Chief Minister—award grants(Question No 77)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Disability, upon notice, on 4 December 2020:
(1) What was the inaugural date of the Chief Minister’s Inclusion Awards.
(2) Can Minister provide lists of award recipients relating to disability for each year as an attachment to the answer to this question on notice?
(3) What was the inaugural date of the (a) Disability Inclusion Grant and (b) I Day (International Day of Disability) Grant.
(4) For the grants listed in part (3), (a) how many grant applications were received in total, (b) how many grant applications were rejected, and what was the reason for each rejection, (c) where grant applications were rejected for not meeting certain requirements, were applicants notified and given an opportunity to resubmit their application and (d) how many grant applications were successful, for the past financial year to the date this question on notice was published.
(5) When did the Minister (or past relevant Minister) last review the effectiveness of the (a) Disability Inclusion Grant and (b) I-Day (International Day of Disability) Grant and what were the findings.
(6) What recommendations were made to improve the effectiveness of disability grants.
Ms Davidson: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) The first Chief Minister’s Inclusion Awards was held in 2005.
(2) Past recipients of a Chief Minister’s Inclusion Award are listed on the ACT Inclusion Council website: http://actinclusion.com.au/
a) The Disability Inclusion Grant program commenced on 20 September 2017.
b) In 2009 the ACT Government commenced the I-Day Community Governed Grant.
(4) Disability Inclusion Grants
a) Since the Disability Inclusion Grant program commenced in 2017, 217 applications have been received.
b) No grant applications have been “rejected” rather, applications may be deemed non-compliant/ineligible when they do not meet the pre-eligibility requirements under the Grant Guidelines.