Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2021 Week 01 Hansard (Thursday, 3 December 2020) . . Page.. 240 ..
Gugan Gulwan Youth Aboriginal Corporation, Aboriginal Legal Service ACT/NSW, OzChild, Winnunga Nimmityjah Aboriginal Health and Community Services, Red Cross, ACT Together, ACT Health and the Justice and Community Safety Directorate.
The ACT Government supports Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families to participate in decisions that affect their children and young people through restorative practices and intensive services, including FGC and FFT.
FGC continues to be guided and supported by an Advisory Committee that includes independent representation from a range of external organisations, with knowledge and skills that support the continued delivery and evaluation of FGC. These organisations include the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Elected Body, Curijo and Professor Morag McArthur, Australian Catholic University.
The FFT Program is delivered in partnership with OzChild and Gugan Gulwan. The partnership delivers a culturally responsive model proven by research to support families and is underpinned by the principle of self-determination.
(2) The ACT Government will commence work to amend the Children and Young People Act 2008 to enshrine the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Placement Principle, as agreed in the Government Response to the Our Booris, Our Way Final Report (in July 2020). Preparatory work will commence in the first half of 2021 and will be informed by engagement with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Municipal services—cyclepaths(Question No 57)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 4 December 2020:
(1) What was the (a) projected cost and (b) actual cost of building the recently completed Belconnen Bikeway
(2) What was the cost broken down by (a) actual bikeway, (b) associated infrastructure and (c) landscaping for each segment of (a) Florey to the nearest end of the old Belconnen Busway, (b) the length of the old Belconnen Busway, (c) the end of the old Belconnen Busway to Aikman Drive and (d) Aikman Drive to Haydon Drive.
(3) What is the length of each segment referred to in part (2).
(4) What is the length of the stone wall built as part of the Belconnen Bikeway between Aikman and Haydon Drives.
(5) What was the complete cost of building this stone wall.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
a) The construction cost estimate at the time of tender was approx. $5.653m (ex GST); and