Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2019 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 26 September 2019) . . Page.. 4044 ..
1. 37 clients participated in the Room4Change program.
2. 33 partners and ex-partners of clients have received support via the Room4Change program.
3. As per their service funding agreement, DVCS are not required to report on the number of children who receive direct support via the Room4Change program. Instead, DVCS report the number of children impacted via their parents participating or receiving partner support from the program.
Of the 33 partners and ex-partners who received support via the Room4Change program in 2018-19, 53 children were impacted. An additional 17 children of partners and ex-partners who declined partner support were also impacted.
Domestic and family violence—government initiatives(Question No 2653)
Mrs Kikkert asked the Minister for the Prevention of Domestic and Family Violence, upon notice, on 16 August 2019:
In relation to the Safer Families Levy what is the (a) total number of functions that the Safer Families Package funded for the year 2018-19, (b) responsible directorate for each of the functions funded through the Safer Families Package, (c) subject of each function funded through the Safer Families Package and (d) number of full-time equivalent positions and corresponding job classification hired to deliver each function funded through the Safer Families Package.
Ms Berry: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
a. Table J.2 on page 417 of 2018-19 Budget Paper No. 3 provides the Safer Families initiatives funding for the 2018-19 Budget.
b. The responsible Directorate for each function in 2018-19 is as follows:
Community Services Directorate
• More support for families and inclusion – Delivering the Family Safety Hub
• Safer Families – Additional resources for the Canberra Rape Crisis Centre
• Safer Families – Additional resources for the Domestic Violence Crisis Service
• Safer Families – Early assistance for families at risk of violence (Room for Change)
• Safer Families – Enhanced child protection case management and coordination
• Safer Families – Safer Families team
• Safer Families – Training in domestic violence for frontline workers
• Safer Families – Support for women and children to leave violence
Justice and Community Safety Directorate
• Safer Families – Enhancing access to justice for non-English speakers
• Safer Families – Implementation of the Joint Australian Law Reform Commission and NSW Law Reform Commission Report on Family Violence