Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2019 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 26 September 2019) . . Page.. 4033 ..
• Alcohol and Other Drug Treatment Services in Australia 2017-18: key findings (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare). Available at: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/alcohol-other-drug-treatment-services/aodts-2017-18-key-findings/contents/data-cubes
• The National Drug Strategy Household Survey 2016 (Australian Institute of Health and Welfare). Available at: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/illicit-use-of-drugs/ndshs-2016-detailed/contents/table-of-contents
• Young Australians Alcohol Reporting System (National Drug Research Institute). Available at http://ndri.curtin.edu.au/publications-resources/project-reports-and-bulletins/young-australians-alcohol-reporting-system
• 3303.0 Causes of Death, Australia 2016: Drug Induced Deaths in Australia: A changing story. Available at: https://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/by%20Subject/3303.0~2016~Main%20Features~Drug%20Induced%20Deaths%20in%20Australia~6
• Impact of alcohol and illicit drug use burden of disease and injury in Australia: Australian Burden of Disease Study 2011. Available at: https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/burden-of-disease/impact-alcohol-illicit-drug-use-on-burden-disease/contents/summary
• Tobacco in Australia: Facts & Issues. Available at: https://www.tobaccoinaustralia.org.au/home.aspx
Trees—planting(Question No 2639)
Ms Lawder asked the Minister for the Environment and Heritage, upon notice, on 16 August 2019 (redirected to the Minister for City Services):
In relation to the new trees that have been planted along Lonsdale Street and other sites in the inner north in recent months, (a) how many trees have been planted since the beginning of July 2019 as part of this planting program, (b) what was the site selection process, (c) who is responsible for the tree planting, (d) who is responsible for maintenance, (e) how were the trees selected, (f) where were the trees sourced from, (g) what sort of trees were planted, (h) what is the total cost of planting all these trees, (i) what was the average cost per tree and what makes up this figure and (j) is more planting in this area planned and what is the timeframe for this.
Mr Steel: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(a) Transport Canberra and City Services (TCCS) planted 39 trees across Braddon and the City centres during June 2019. This was in addition to the 48 trees planted in the Inner North during Autumn 2019.
(b) Vacant planting sites in the city and Braddon commercial precincts were identified through TCCS’ pre-existing tree removal and planting data, as well as a site walk-through by TCCS and the City Renewal Authority (CRA). Some of the vacant planting sites that were identified were unsuitable for planting due to the proximity to utility services.