Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2019 Week 11 Hansard (Thursday, 26 September 2019) . . Page.. 4026 ..
Health—preventative health strategy(Question No 2622)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Health, upon notice, on 2 August 2019:
(1) What is the status of the 2017–18 and 2018–19 for the Healthy Weight Initiative progress reports as the last progress report listed on the ACT Government Healthy Living website is from 2016–17 and when will they be published on the website.
(2) What is the status of the appointment that is part of the 9th Parliamentary Agreement between ACT Labor and ACT Greens in which the ACT Government committed to investigating the appointment of a Preventative Health Coordinator, responsible for developing a comprehensive preventative health strategy.
(3) When was the last round of the ACT Health Promotion Grants Program (ACTHPGP) and (a) what are the names of those who received grants and (b) when and where will the next ACTHPGP be published.
Ms Stephen-Smith: The answer to the member’s question is as follows:
(1) A new ACT Preventive Health Plan, building on the Healthy Weight Initiative, is in development and will be finalised towards the end of 2019. The Plan will provide a framework for the continued implementation and monitoring of key Healthy Weight Initiative actions, as well as broader alcohol and smoking reduction interventions. A final Healthy Weight Initiative scorecard is in development and will be released in the coming months.
(2) The appointment of a Preventive Health Coordinator by the ACT Government is being considered in the context of the governance arrangements for the Preventive Health Plan.
(3) (a) The last ACTHPGP funding round was the 2019-20—2021-22 Healthy Canberra Grants. Applications for this funding round closed on 24 May 2019. The assessment panel for the 2019-20—2021-22 Healthy Canberra Grants met on 28 August 2019. It is expected that this process will be finalised and all applicants advised of the outcome of their application in October 2019. The grant recipients to be published on the ACT Health website.
(b) The next ACTHPGP funding round will be published later in the 2019-20 financial year. It will be published through a range of publicly available sources, including the ACTHPGP website www.health.act.gov.au/hpgrants
Transport Canberra—bus services(Question No 2625)
Ms Le Couteur asked the Minister for Transport and City Services, upon notice, on 2 August 2019 (redirected to the Minister for Transport):
(1) How does Transport Canberra notify passengers of weekend bus service cancellations and how far ahead does Transport Canberra make these notifications.