Legislative Assembly for the ACT: 2019 Week 07 Hansard (Thursday, 1 August 2019) . . Page.. 2715 ..
merit in considering a facility at this location. The decision also acknowledges that there are no existing public toilets in Coombs and that runners and walkers using the nearby tracks would also be well served having a toilet in this location.
(3) In 2017 the Suburban Land Agency and Transport Canberra and City Services Directorate (TCCS) reviewed the play spaces in Wright and Coombs to determine the level of amenity in play spaces and to identify improvement opportunities. The review also considered community feedback about the type of infrastructure to be delivered in Wright and Coombs, particularly for the 7-14 age group, and the need for additional infrastructure providing shade and bubblers.
This resulted in additional shade sails and bubblers being installed in a number of parks in Wright and Coombs.
(4) The Coombs Play Space YourSay survey focussed on the Holdens Creek Pond Site (informally known as the Coombs Play Space). The outcomes of the survey were to help inform what equipment and amenities could be included in the play space.
(5) While toilets are typically only provided in District Parks, TCCS and the Suburban Land Agency shared the view that the proposed play space could warrant a toilet facility in this location. The range of facilities placed in local parks is generally based on the size of the local population it would service. Basketball courts are not uncommon in new estates to assist in providing an area for active recreation for older children. As already noted, Coombs does not currently have public toilet facilities.
(6) There were two parts to the Coombs Play Space YourSay Survey. Both provided a small list to choose from, with multiple options available to select:
i. What play equipment would you like to see at the Coombs Play Space?
1. 92.5 weighted votes - Double swings and baby swing
2. 87.5 weighted votes - Slide
3. 78.7 weighted votes - Miniature Trampolines
ii. If we can include some larger facilities, what would you choose (multiple options permitted)?
1. 68 weighted votes - Toilets
2. 64.4 weighted votes - Basketball court
3. 62.6 weighted votes - Water Play Area
All survey responses are available at - https://www.yoursay.act.gov.au/coombs-play-space
(7) Yes, the Wright and Coombs Toilet Block Study was commissioned by the Suburban Land Agency to determine the best location, if any, for a public toilet facility in Coombs and Wright.
a) 25 January 2019.
b) Yes, it was completed in April 2019.
c) Yes, it its proposed the outcome will be made known to the public as part of the additional engagement opportunities for the project.
d) Yes, it its proposed the full report will be released to the community as part of the additional engagement opportunities for the project in mid-2019.